About Me

My photo
Hey young world! Our names are Tiana and Kanae. Recently, we vowed to make some lifestyle changes. We wanted to lose weight, eat right and workout more. We've tried before and already knew our journey would be hard especially if we tried to do it by ourselves. So we came together and promised to motivate and encourage each other as we made our lifestyle changes. This blog is dedicated to our journey. Welcome!

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Embrace the FRIZZZZZZZZZ.................!!!

As women, we love to primp and prime ourselves.  One thing that goes into that process is getting our hair done! When we get our hair done up it puts an extra pep in our step and makes us feel put together and even more confident. We can put on a HOT outfit, some cute make up but if our hair isn't fixed, then the look is not complete.

I have natural hair, but even when I had relaxed hair I would hate to sweat out my perm! LOL.. With natural hair my sweat may cause some frizz or worse depending on the style I am wearing.  Sometimes I get my hair straightened and then I really don't want to work out and revert it back.

So then I find  myself questioning whether I should work out or keep my hair looking fly??????


I have to take a deep breath and look at the bigger picture. My health and my body IS the bigger picture. My hair is just a small part of the picture.So far I've been managing ok, just ok... but I will do some research on some protective styles so that even while I'm on this weight loss kick, I can still look good while doing it! =D

Please send me suggestions if you have any!  I will try to update you all on things that works for my hair while I'm working out.  But for now... I will EMBRACE my FRIZZINESS!! =) (It's not the end of the world)

~Tiana

3 comments:

  1. If your hair is natural you should be okay, right? I'm not sure of your hair texture, but Miss Jessie's is a line for natural hair; I've seen the results and it works amazingly.
    It's sold at Target.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Edoka! Thanks for the product recommendation.

    Yep, I'm natural. However sometimes I wear my hair straightened, that's when I don't like to deal with the frizz. I'm newly natural, but my natural hair is almost bra strap length (wore a sew in for two years). So I'm still learning to work with my natural hair. I usually like to do my hair on the weekends and let that style last thru the week. Because I'm studying for a big test coming up, I hate to have to do anything to my hair during the week. I will definitely try those products!! Thanks!

    ~Tiana

    ReplyDelete
  3. So as you know, I don't have natural hair, but I just got my hair done for Mexico this weekend and because of that I haven't worked out for fear of messing my hair up with sweat. But I decided a lil bit is better than nothing. So instead of my usual straneous workout I am just going to take it easy, Walk for like 30mins and do more weight training. That way I can still increase my heart rate without sweating a lot to mess up my hair :)

    So maybe you could try that....and building your muscles is key to losing weight as it helps you burn calories even when you are not working out.
    Sorry I have ZERO clue when it comes to Natural Hair :P so I can't help you out there

    ReplyDelete