About Me

My photo
Hey young world! Our names are Tiana and Kanae. Recently, we vowed to make some lifestyle changes. We wanted to lose weight, eat right and workout more. We've tried before and already knew our journey would be hard especially if we tried to do it by ourselves. So we came together and promised to motivate and encourage each other as we made our lifestyle changes. This blog is dedicated to our journey. Welcome!

Friday, January 21, 2011

Healthy Choice... YUMMY?!

So if you live in Chicago, you know that is it extremely cold outside.  I didn't not pack a lunch and knew that I was not going to step outside in the Arctic HAWK to get something to eat.  Well this posed a slight problem. What am I going to eat??!!! I decided to venture downstairs to the CVS on the first floor of my work building. If I get something to eat from there, its usually a roast beef sandwich. I head to that aisle and......... There's No SANDWICHES!! =O  Now, what do I do??? I contemplated just running outside to Corner Bakery.. but I'm not that crazy.  I'm not going out until its time for me to leave and go home.  So I sigh and try the soup aisle, where I came across this item called Healthy Choice Fresh Mixers.  The name intrigued me enough to pick it up and look at the specs...  I was amazed that a pasta dish was included in the rather small container and that you could cook it in the microwave. I'm not fond of microwavable food but beggars can't be choosers right??



I decided to try the Ziti and Meat Sauce one.  It had 340 Calories and 6g of Fat and fit right into my lunch goals!  I love that you just fill the container to the line with water and cook for 3:30 mins and then strain the excess water with the strainer built into the top of the container. How cool is that!?  Then you warm the sauce in its container for 30 mins, mix it with the pasta and WAHLA! You have a ready-to-eat pasta dish! =)  Now what you really want to know.... how does it taste??  Now.. I can say that it does not taste like my home cooked food. I put LOVE into my food! However, you don't really expect it to right? So it is ok in taste. Not great but not bad.  I plan on trying the other types.  It was a very quick low calorie meal.  So for what I'm trying to do. It works for me!

Let me know if you tried some flavors that you absolutely love! (Or at least like lol) =)  You can see all there items at this link http://www.healthychoice.com/products/fresh-mixers.html

~Tiana

No comments:

Post a Comment