About Me

My photo
Hey young world! Our names are Tiana and Kanae. Recently, we vowed to make some lifestyle changes. We wanted to lose weight, eat right and workout more. We've tried before and already knew our journey would be hard especially if we tried to do it by ourselves. So we came together and promised to motivate and encourage each other as we made our lifestyle changes. This blog is dedicated to our journey. Welcome!

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Not helping at ALL............ =/

This is kinda random, but I had an Epiphany and decided that I should not keep it within but let it out.. That's what this blog is for right? =)

Since starting this journey, I noticed around lunch time I get somewhat depressed.  I start my morning cool; I eat yogurt with some cereal in it or Special K cereal with Soy Milk.. Breakfast cost me about 160 calories in the morning. Not bad, right?!  But then comes lunch... and I can't figure out what to eat.  Most people take their lunch between 11:30am - 1pm everyday. But how come around 1pm I found myself still sitting at my desk????

It's because I'm trying to do right! I'm trying to do this the correct way! However, I carouse the restaurant's websites near me for their nutritional information and I can't figure out how I can stay within my lunch calorie limit eating at any of them.  I mean, I can't even eat a salad???  Are you serious, you're asking? Ummm, I wish I wasn't. 

So my Epiphany is that I need to carry my lunch almost everyday.  That's the only way I can see how I can control what I put in.  Otherwise, I may do what I almost did today and just get the closest thing to me.. A BIG OLE' JUICY BURGER! ( I said almost =/ )

~Tiana

3 comments:

  1. Agreed! I think preparing your lunch the night before will help you the next day. Plus eating out is costly. So its win win situation. Save money, save calories

    ~kanae

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ladies, I'll share what I've been doing since the middle of Dec. and more aggressively(spell check) this January. First, we haven't cooked any fried foods in my house since last June. Second, I have decided not to cook or eat any processed foods as of Jan. 1st. So, I (or Brian) have been cooking dinner and bringing my lunch everyday with success. My splurge is when we go out to eat, which we have also decided to decrease the amount of times this year too! My only struggle is working out. Since he makes his own schedule, he works out all the time, which leaves me without a partner :-(
    As for my water intake, I have graduated from 0oz a day to 32oz a day :-) yay me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right taking lunch is the right thing to do. If it was one of those I am running late days and I forget my lunch, guess what? no big deal. I have a box of special K protein bars in my desk, in the office refrigerator I have a 4pack of special K protein shakes, and if that does fit my mood I have 100calorie yogurt pack in the office refrigerator. I am on an every 3hr rotation so that I can speed up my metabolism and doing this has cut my appetite in half, I can eat more and get full on less.

    Anastasia...

    ReplyDelete