About Me

My photo
Hey young world! Our names are Tiana and Kanae. Recently, we vowed to make some lifestyle changes. We wanted to lose weight, eat right and workout more. We've tried before and already knew our journey would be hard especially if we tried to do it by ourselves. So we came together and promised to motivate and encourage each other as we made our lifestyle changes. This blog is dedicated to our journey. Welcome!

Thursday, January 13, 2011

regroup already?

Hi all,

I feel like I losing momentum on working out. I tried to do the whole groupon thing (30 classes for $20) but what they didn't tell you is there is a 5 groupon participant per class limit. So now, January classes are wait listed. Then, when you are finally able to reserve a spot, you have to pay $1.95 in taxes. I feel like I got duped. That was supposed to be my workout and now I have to regroup and come up with a new plan.

So, I am really loving SparkPeople and all that it offers. You can log your calories intake, nutrition, fitness, energy level, measurements, etc.  You accumulate points and earn different trophies. They also have videos for you to watch and teams to join, which brings me to my next tactic.

They have a team called the 28 Day Bootcamp Workout Challenge that I joined. There are 400k members in this team. Its a month long challenge guaranteed to help you get in shape.

So here is my 1st week action plan:
  1. Set my goals (why are you here and what you want to accomplish)
  2. Do one 10 minute toning video each day
  3. Do 5 cardio sessions this week (starting out 10 minutes, if you're a pro 30. I think I will aim for 15-20)
  4. Track workouts
  5. Learn how to earn your trophy (yeah, a prize for participating)
So today is my day #1. As soon as I get home, I am going for it. I'll let you know next how it goes.

Struggles:

  1. Again not eating everything I have a craving for (good thing period is going off)
  2. Consistently working out ( Monday was the only day I have done so far)
  3. Giving up (only been at this for 4 days and already my focus level is a solid 5)
  4. Realistically not committed to giving up coke but perhaps I can limit myself to only 3 a week (I'll let you know how that goes, hmph).
Mood for the day



Positives:

  1. I keep logging my food
  2. I haven't given up
  3. I keep talking to B & J  about it so I can refocus and get motivated
~Kanae

2 comments:

  1. Don't give up Kanae!! I'm right there with you. I've finally purchased a gym membership, which I have avoided all of these years because of general cheapness and the excuse of "I don't have time". But I feel like I've made an investment. I can MAKE time and it feels good to know I can pop in and out whenever i have a free moment. Maybe you should consider a membership. I love it sooo much better than trying to workout at home. Boring!!

    With the pop thing, I sooo understand. Try drinking a bottle of water before you have your pop fix. Oh, and I love sparkpeople. I did it for a while last year but lost my way. I'm gonna sign back on today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah thanks Robin! Guess what, I read wrong so I can use the groupon now. I only have to pay the 1.95 once. Woo hoo!

    I am excited.

    I will try your pop/water tactic.

    ReplyDelete