About Me

My photo
Hey young world! Our names are Tiana and Kanae. Recently, we vowed to make some lifestyle changes. We wanted to lose weight, eat right and workout more. We've tried before and already knew our journey would be hard especially if we tried to do it by ourselves. So we came together and promised to motivate and encourage each other as we made our lifestyle changes. This blog is dedicated to our journey. Welcome!

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

healthy snacks

Hi all,

I am finding myself hungry throughout the day and grabbing whatever comes my way. I know this pesky snacking habit is not conducive to me loosing weight. I know I should just say no to those potato chips screaming eat me. I know I need to forget about those chocolate chips staring me down. I know I need to resist the tasty junk food that craves my attention and is always ready to get in my belly.


First let me say the whole snacking concept is not wrong. Whats wrong is when you make bad decisions like junk food. Its call junk food for a reason. Nothing about it is beneficial to you. Healthy snacks on the other hand can help you go much further. By snacking, you will inevitably eat less during those big meals like lunch and dinner. Healthy snacks full of fiber can fill you up, decrease those hunger pains and monitor how quickly you want to eat again. They will boost your metabolism and energy. Remember Mr. Possible's quote "candy is dandy but fruit makes you poop!"

So in the middle of the day, grab a yogurt instead of chips. Eat an apple instead of candy. Try a granola bar instead of cookies. Say goodbye to those empty calories and hello to those that make you feel good on the inside.

To get you started here are a few healthy snacks to keep around:


  1. Laughing Cow Cheese
  2. 100 Calorie Packs
  3. Trail Mix
  4. Oatmeal
  5. Veggies and Humus
  6. Smart Pop
  7. Fresh Fruit
  8. Light /Low Fat Yogurt or Parfait
  9. Low Fat Chocolate Pudding Cup
  10. Whole Grain Crackers or Pretzels or Crispbread
Need some more ideas, read 30 Healthy Snacks at Self Magazine.

~kanae


6 comments:

  1. Thanks Kanae! I found myself snacking this weekend.. But I love Trailmix so that's the type of snacking I have to do.

    Will grab me some trailmix later! And the self magazine site was a great add!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl it is so hard not to snack some time. Womp womp

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got this trailmix that they sell at CVS and it is delish! The brand is Regal Gourmet snacks and I got the one called Happy Heart Mix. Very good!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now, i need to find sweet, chocolate treats for when I want some chocolate. Most times i eat pudding but none today

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mix raspberries and blueberries in a sandwich bag. For chocolate, try skinny cow fudge bars.

    ReplyDelete