About Me

My photo
Hey young world! Our names are Tiana and Kanae. Recently, we vowed to make some lifestyle changes. We wanted to lose weight, eat right and workout more. We've tried before and already knew our journey would be hard especially if we tried to do it by ourselves. So we came together and promised to motivate and encourage each other as we made our lifestyle changes. This blog is dedicated to our journey. Welcome!

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

yoga =)

Hi all,

As you saw from the last entry, high impact cardio is not really good on my knees so I am back to doing my favorite yoga. It is very relaxing and very beneficial. No matter, if I am in a hot room or just my living room, yoga always leaves me feeling good. The breathing calms my spirit and I feel centered. Its not very stressful which I love and you push yourself as far as your body tells you to.




Personally my favorite positions are the Downward Facing Dog, Plank, Child's Pose, Warrior 1 and 2, and Lotus. I love to end with Namaste.

Some benefits of yoga are:

Increasing flexibility

Increasing strength

Better posture

Increasing lubrication of the joints, tendons, and ligaments

Massaging all organs of the body

Complete detoxification of the body

Toning

If you are interested, here are some good yoga websites:

Health and Yoga




~Kanae

No comments:

Post a Comment