About Me

My photo
Hey young world! Our names are Tiana and Kanae. Recently, we vowed to make some lifestyle changes. We wanted to lose weight, eat right and workout more. We've tried before and already knew our journey would be hard especially if we tried to do it by ourselves. So we came together and promised to motivate and encourage each other as we made our lifestyle changes. This blog is dedicated to our journey. Welcome!

Friday, January 21, 2011

Plyometrics workout?

Hi  all,

I was on Self magazine website and saw the following article Plyometrics workout: Burn more calories in less time! Basically, it says that if you do a plyometrics workout (high powered explosive jumping movements) you will burn 100 calories in a short amount of time. According to bodybuilding.com, pylometrics are characterized by their ability to increase reactive strength, jumping skill and coordination. So in theory, it is an amazing way to burn calories and get rid of that fat quickly.

Sean Burch, a professional trainer, created a 10 move pylometrics workout plan, and by following this workout plan 5 times a week, Burch and Self claim that you will burn 100 calories in 10 minutes. These 10 moves are aimed to help you melt away the fat and be bikini ready in no time, and if you do it twice in one night, say adios to 100 more pounds.



I wonder how effective this workout plan is so I am going to try it for a month straight and let you know what I think.

My moves to master are:

  1. Soaring Eagle
  2. Pop-Up
  3. Pogo Stick
  4. Hurdler Hop
  5. Carioca
  6. Tush Tuck
  7. Open Sesame
  8. Flutter Kick
  9. The Straddler
  10. Getting Jiggy
Update: I tried this workout and I must say it does require a ton of energy. I did the first 5 and was panting. LOL Then my knees started hurting. This workout is not the best if you have bad knees. It is extremely high impact. Therefore, I must ammend my pledge, I cannot do this for the sake of my knees. I did however enjoy some nice yoga.
~Kanae



No comments:

Post a Comment