About Me

My photo
Hey young world! Our names are Tiana and Kanae. Recently, we vowed to make some lifestyle changes. We wanted to lose weight, eat right and workout more. We've tried before and already knew our journey would be hard especially if we tried to do it by ourselves. So we came together and promised to motivate and encourage each other as we made our lifestyle changes. This blog is dedicated to our journey. Welcome!

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Let's Run this Weight Off!!



So I was browsing one of my friends FB page and I came across this website she found here.  It shows you how to train for a 5k in 9 weeks by following this regimen 3 times a week. Because I hate running and I want a challenge, I think this is for me!  I love that running is a full body workout and that it will slim you down all over. By the end of the 9 weeks, you are supposed to be able to run a full 5k or at least 30 mins straight.  It starts with you walking for 5 mins to warm up, then alternating between walking then running for 20 mins, with a 5 min cool down walk at the end.  Every week, you increase the run time and build up your stamina for running.

So I will start today! My days will be Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday Morning.  I'm am very excited and hope this exercise speeds up my metabolism as well as slim me down.

And for you people that don't want to run on the treadmill, they have different options on the website. Check it out here! And for you iphone and android users, there's an app that you can run while listening to music that will tell you when to walk and run.  I've already downloaded my android app here. LEEEE GOO!

~Tiana

4 comments:

  1. Yay!!! Do it TT!! I started last week at 1.5 minute running intervals and this week I pushed myself to almost 3! I hate running with a passion but pushing myself beyond what I thought my limits were feels GREAT! Keep it up and I'm loving you and Kanae's blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Robin!!! It wasn't so bad! But I see why they gradually move you up week by week. I can't wait to see what it does to my body! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the post! Im going to start this Sunday. I want to get some better running shoes this weekend b/c my arch has been killing me with my current routine.

    ReplyDelete